Wednesday 28 March 2012

A Decision of Epic Proportions

There are few times in ones life where you know in the moment that something is happening, that your life has permenently changed.

I havn't always lived in Newfoundland, I've been here for less than two years, I spent the first 23 years of my life in a cushy suburban town just north of Toronto. In August 2009 I announced to my family that I would be, upon completion of my fourth and final year of university, moving to the other side of the country - they were shocked to say the least.

The morning of my departure, nearly a year later in July 2010 was my first experience in knowing that despite whatever happened once I got to Newfoundland, this decision would ultimatly change my life forever. So I got out of bed, lugged my two overly full suitcases downstairs (I ended up having to pay 100 dollars in overweight fees at the airport!), said goodbye to my family, got in the car and drove to the airport, and watched as the end of the only life I'd ever known was rapidly growing further away  in the rearview mirror.

So here I am, less than two years later and sometimes I still can't believe that Im actually living here. Life in Newfoundland AKA The Rock is the complete opposite from living in Toronto; the people, the rich culture, the scenery! (presently if I drive 5 minutes up the road I can see icebergs!), the SLANG! (Whad'ya at b'y?)(Not to mention the newfoundland accent). Sometimes I forget that Im still in Canada. My life has changed in so many ways since settling here, starting this blog will help me to document this incredible journey that involves life with my fiance, three cats, thrifting, knitting, crafting and of course this glorious province of Newfoundland, I hope you come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...